It’s January and you’re thinking about your personal “brand.”
But uh, what’s that even mean?
Especially in 2021…
- In a remote-first company?
- In Cybersecurity?
- In any industry?
“Brand” is 3 things:
- Career Path: Where we’ve been and where we want to go.
- Leadership Style: How we deliver and execute.
- Message and Tone: How we communicate which messages.
Here’s a framework to help you think through what’s really driving your need to ‘rebrand’ or ‘step up’ or ‘reinvent.’ It’s a mix of:
- Things to notice: What are our motivators? What are our derailers?
- Things to do: What is expected? What can be done?
- Things to think about: What is real? What is possible?
Would love to hear in the comments what’s missing? and what you found that works?